The official trailer at IMDb makes it look rather like the 70s quintessential-all-star-pudding version (remember Michael York as D’Artagnan?) meets Jackie Chan fight stunts with gratuitous steampunk intrusions (and did I mention that it’s in 3D?).
Except that this film’s D’Artagnan is the relative newbie who plays Percy Jackson, and Orlando Bloom is inexplicably playing the Duke of Buckingham rather than Aramis. Judging by the trailer, Matthew McFadyen’s Athos gets at least one self-deprecating action-hero one-liner off, so presumably there will be more, hopefully in tandem with Ray Stevenson’s Porthos versus Christoph Waltz chewing the furniture as Cardinal Richelieu.
I dunno that Milla Jovovich as Milady will stand up to Faye Dunaway’s portrayal though, arse-kicker though she is – I suspect she’s there more for athletic stunts rather than bantering, and I really do hope for an excessive abundance of banter if they’re going to go the whole herd of hogs, as it appears that they are.The all-star-pudding poster is a hoot.
- Cast list and links from Wikipedia:
- Logan Lerman as D’Artagnan
- Matthew Macfadyen as Athos
- Ray Stevenson as Porthos
- Luke Evans as Aramis
- Milla Jovovich as Milady de Winter
- Juno Temple as Queen Anne
- Christoph Waltz as Cardinal Richelieu
- Orlando Bloom as Duke of Buckingham
- Mads Mikkelsen as Rochefort
- James Corden as Planchet
- Freddie Fox as King Louis XIII
- Gabriella Wilde as Constance Bonacieux