Items of interest come across recently in my feed-reader. What did I miss? Leave your own interesting links in comments.
- Christmas, brought to you by women
- On #mooreandme, Rachel Maddow, and the curse of “Being Grateful”
- Help Me Harpies: I’m ANGRY!
- What the fucking fuck, “Real Life”?
– “I’m sure there exist boy-girl couples in which Christmas is co-ordinated by the boy, but I’ve never met them. Oh sure, guys “help out”. Some of them might even buy a present or two. My father, in fact, was the food organiser. However, I’ve never met a bloke who was pulling all the strings, making sure everyone gets a gift (which they might even like), ensuring that all the decorations are done, working out who needs to be where and when. In short, they aren’t responsible.”
– “People who expect endless praise for the simple act of recognizing that rape allegations are not something to take lightly remind me of my 8-year-old self, who expected bottomless rewards for doing things like cleaning my room and loading the dishwasher.”
– How do you manage to coexist with a family that trivialises your feminist ire and just wants you to shut up and laugh at their “jokes”?
– “The opening disclaimer, folks, … I’m seriously a bit speechless. I, ranter of mighty rants, simply cannot fucking describe this fuckwittery.”