… there was a wee newborn blogspot blog, on which a certain tigtog asked so why blog now? (Since imported here.)
In September 2005, John Howard’s Coalition government had been in power in Australia for not quite ten years, having won what was to be their fourth and final election in October 2004. Does that seem a long time ago to you? It seems surprisingly recent memory to me.
Here’s some Hoyden events for you since September 2005:
- August 2006: Hoyden became Hoyden About Town rather than Hoyden-About-Town, and moved to the WordPress software
- March 2007: Lauredhel began posting.
- May 2008: Lauredhel announced the creation of the Down Under Feminists Carnival, and created the first Otterday thread.
- June 2008: Lauredhel posted The Inaugural Down Under Feminists Carnival
- December 2008: Mindy began posting
- February 2009: Beppie and Helen began posting.
- June 2009: Blue Milk began posting.
- September 2009: Hoyden moved to hoydenabouttown.com where we’ve lived ever since (albeit on at least three different servers). Wildly Parenthetical began posting.
- November 2009: I began posting.
- July 2010: Chally began running the Down Under Feminists Carnival on its own site. (And so at this point Chally has run it for more than two thirds of its run! The 100th month of the carnival is due a year from now in September 2016.)
- August 2010: Jen Gearing began posting.
- September 2010: Jo Tamar began posting.
- September 2011: Chally began posting.
- November 2011: Orlando began posting.
- December 2012: megpie71, mimbles and shonias began posting.
Happy 10th birthday, Hoyden About Town! Anyone got favourite posts, comments, recipes, Who episodes, #auspol posts, snark, warm-fuzzies, etc, to share from 10 years of Hoyden About Town?
Many thanks to tigtog, for founding Hoyden About Town and hosting us all this time!
Image credit: Birthday Aliens! by Tama Leaver on Flickr, CC BY.